Its rating at 4 out of 5, even though still good enough, I find a little disappointing. I believe it deserves 5 out of 5 or at least a 4.5. Maybe after reading my review I think you will agree too!
If you're looking for a 4-slice toaster that accommodates different thicknesses of bread and bagels then the KitchenAid KMT4115CU might just be the answer to your search.
- The best feature of the KitchenAid 4-Slice Toaster are the extra-wide slots measuring 1.5" making it possible to toast thicker breads, English muffins and my beloved bagels. I live in Montreal and, in case you don't know, our Fairmont bagels are raved by many as the best in the world!
What is really special about the Bagel button is that the heating element power is reduced by half just on one side thereby able to toast the sliced side of the bagel while slightly browning the other uncut side for a perfect toasted bagel.
- On the back of the toaster you will find 2 crumb trays individually marked with the words "PUSH". Indeed with a gentle push of each, the trays slide out and the crumbs can be discarded and the trays easily removed and cleaned.
- Just by lifting one of the 2 manual high-lift levers you can easily grab even the thinnest or smallest piece of bread when done toasting. No more dangerous prodding with a knife or fork and risk being electrocuted!
- There is no defrost button on this model but I have toasted frozen bread and other frozen food like Eggos with no problem.
Have you ever toasted bread and then been interrupted and called away only to come back to cold toasted bread. Well again, no problem as I have been able to use my KitchenAid toaster to reheat previously toasted food quite easily. Just make sure to keep watch and not toast for too long so as to avoid burning.
- Under the base of the toaster you will find handy storage for the cord. Now the cord is not a long one but if you are like me and always unplug the unit when not in use, then you will really like this feature.
You may think me paranoid, maybe I am, but I blame my friend for this habit of mine. His father is a retired firefighter who said that toasters are responsible for starting a good deal of home fires. It seems that the mechanism that starts the toasting can suddenly be freely triggered. So to be safe, always unplug your toaster when not using it or at the very least if you go away on holiday or business.
Product PerformanceThis toaster excels in both look and quality. It has everything you want in a toaster. It can toast bread to however light or dark you wish, give you a perfectly toasted bagel, toast frozen food and reheat toasted bread gone cold. The crumb trays are easy to remove and clean. You can store the cord neatly at the bottom of the unit and the lift lever can save you from being electrocuted as you try to pry the toasted bread out. Okay I am being a little dramatic on that last function.
DimensionsThe KitchenAid 4 Slice Toaster KMT4115CU weighs 8 pounds, measures 12.5 x 11.5 x 8.3 inches and comes in a choice of 3 colors: contour silver, empire red and onyx black.
- Extra-wide slots for bagels
- Easy to remove and clean crumb trays
- Manual left levers to remove toast
- Can defrost and reheat
- Neat cord storage
- No defrost button
- Complaints of the lift levers breaking
- Complaints of toasting too dark even at shade setting #1