However, for everyday use my husband and I prefer a simple cup of coffee using our basic, no frills (and inexpensive) coffee maker that we've had for years. In my review of our Oster 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker BVST-JBXSS41 that follows, you will see why I love it so much.
What's important to me is just being able to enjoy a great-tasting cup of coffee with no fuss, just using a simple-to-use drip coffee maker.
Less important maybe but I like the look of the stainless steel exterior because it matches all my other appliances.
- The first thing that sold me about this coffee maker was that it was programmable and very easy to do so. There is nothing more annoying to me than my coffee not waiting and ready for me when I wake up in the morning. I am just not a functioning human until I've had my morning coffee!
- Another feature I really like is the Pause 'n Serve. If you're in a hurry to serve a cup of coffee, this feature will allow you to do so all the while the coffee maker continuing to brew without interruption.
- The cone-shaped filter basket is removable and reusable making it easy to clean. There is no need for paper filters but you can use them if you wish to make cleaning even easier.
- I have a bad habit of forgetting to shut off my coffee machine when done. When I do remember after a lot of time has passed, I end up with burnt tasting coffee. I end up throwing it all out and starting over. But I need not worry with this model as it automatically shuts off after 2 hours. A real saving grace for me!
- You can also choose whether you want a regular or strong brew of coffee with the Adjustable Aroma feature.
Product PerformanceMy Oster coffee maker has proven to be reliable and long lasting. It also brews great-tasting coffee as I've tested several brands.
DimensionsMeasuring about 14 inches high (if lid is open 23 inches) x 8 inches deep x 7 inches wide, it fits under my kitchen cabinets perfectly.
- Brewing Pause 'n Serve
- 2 hour Auto Shut-off
- Adjustable Aroma Selection
- Removable and Reusable Filter Basket
- Replacement glass decanter are not available but a Medelco 12 cup Millennium decanter or a Cuisinart thermal Grind 'n Brew decanter can be used a replacements.
- Lid is not removable off the glass decanter making it harder to clean
- Display lights are too strong and blinding at night. You will have no need for night lights!